Here we go.

21 March 2014

UP + UP

I'll be honest, I've been struggling to maintain a good disposition lately because work has been pretty awful. Like, no-appetite-to-eat-supper awful.

Thank goodness for the little things, right?

1.  Sunday before last, I made my first matcha latte at home.  It's a weirdly intense prepared beverage and I'm not just talking flavor.  It actually warmed my core and deeply calmed + quieted my brain.  I didn't have to have my usual two cups coffee that morning, which is unheard of.  I like it!

I think that now I've tried this amazing elixir, I can allow myself to buy a decent matcha powder and a chasen.  It's difficult to get the clumps out with just a regular whisk, I've discovered.

It's an attractive beverage:
 photo 1F6BDB0F-C580-484D-A03A-AFCBC2824427_zpsogc9jzwy.jpg
  photo 4EADA4F9-E716-4073-BC91-BCF7C2A785F7_zpszxklbpov.jpg

2.  Half of my first batch of tofu misozuke turned out to be a proper success!  This is actually pretty big news!  I will be starting new batches this weekend using the effective recipe.  Once I get the hang of it, I will need to find a business-minded person to help me. Like someone who is in touch with Bill Clinton.  I want Bill Clinton to eat my tofu misozuke.  I am not even joking.

I made this!
 photo 47CC2E8E-3D7E-4055-BEBC-B65BA8F301F5_zpsivlohapo.jpg

3.  Last weekend, ATM + I played This Old House and disassembled the cabinets above the stove. I was afraid of what we'd discover once the cabinets were removed, but thankfully, there are no major repairs required, just some regular cleaning and sealing.  Our house will be 80 years old next year!
 photo 83282854-259B-4CAF-935F-E3300382FA40_zpswy1oxxjk.jpg

 photo 7ABD1622-5814-44B8-958D-C989C7A667FE_zps2ot34gpx.jpg

Found an old ventilation hole:
 photo 9F8F4154-01AE-4829-901A-E3CE4B64B8E2_zpsstfnoe6l.jpg

The ceiling tiles remind me of Sun Studio:
 photo AED4C74B-0616-48F2-BDD2-8CEE54427011_zpsiuhio8i6.jpg

As you would expect, the removal of these cabinets really opened up that little kitchen and made me excited about things to come:
 photo 0B009F7C-26E0-427C-837D-250F140BEF46_zpsiuoogvvv.jpg

4.  We are in possession of our own pasta machine now.  I plan on giving up trying to eat healthy and just let myself completely go on pasta. WHY NOT
 photo 7C5443A3-3C61-4462-A537-C7699D4D097B-6658-000002F81E73623D_zps636e1928.jpg

5.  Our felines continue to rule + charm us.  This gal watches hockey and True Detective with me in bed!
 photo 8A76C4EA-2420-4019-BEAD-5C91221B6EF1_zpsbvuwhrcn.jpg

 photo 01989F66-3F04-45C6-A360-0F8BDB03EC2F_zps2qxikogz.jpg


 photo 7262CD5E-7B45-405F-9492-D09708F5D776_zpse1uaghpf.jpg

6.  I watched all of S1 True Detective in two days.  A week later, it's haunting me in the best way possible. McConaughey is completely hypnotic.  I would like Bridget Fonda to be a True Detective, for the record.




7.  For the first time ever, KMHD + I had our brunch bought for us by 'that gentleman over there'.  A stranger, on his way out of Taqueria Karina gave us a tip o' that hat and left.  Deffo made our day.  I should do that for someone some time.

No comments:

Blog Archive